To meet its mission of building a
spatially literate nation, spatial@ucsb welcomes donor support to:
- Research and develop a best-practices curriculum in spatial thinking.
- Develop ways to ensure that spatial thinking is broadly and effectively taught from kindergarten through high school and college.
- Bring top faculty in a wide range of disciplines to UCSB to research and teach the application of spatial thinking in their fields.
- Fund internships and scholarships for undergraduate and graduate students, enabling them to study spatial thinking and its application to a wide range of disciplines.
- Develop new methods to preserve the vast array of digital spatial data for the next 100 years and facilitate ways to link massive data sets.
- Apply spatial acumen to challenging issues, such as health care access, geopolitical strife, and issues of equity.
- Continue to build
the reputation and scope of spatial@ucsb through national and international conferences and workshops.
To learn more about how your support can make a difference, please contact:
Director of Development
Professor of Psychology and Director of spatial@ucsb
If you wish to make a donation by check, please make it payable to "UC Regents" and mark it "in support of spatial@ucsb." You may also direct the donation to any of the programs
mentioned above or contact Mary Hegarty regarding other options.
Please mail your check to:
Director of spatial@ucsb
University of California
Santa Barbara, CA 93106-4060